Traditional Roast Rack of Lamb
The Rack is one of the finest cuts from a lamb. Its flavor and tenderness are like no other and for that reason I feel strongly that there should be as little interference with the meat as possible! Hence the few ingredients … I do not object to some sauce on the side though so simple but so delicious!
- 2 racks of lamb French trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- a big stalk of rosemary, needles stripped off and roughly chopped
- 8 tbsp light olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Redcurrant and Mint Sauce
- Redcurrent Jelly
- Mint Sauce
- Set the oven to 180°C
- Make small slits in the skin on the racks of lamb and insert slices of garlic and small sprigs of rosemary.
- Rub olive oil and salt and pepper over the surface of the lamb.
- Place the racks of lamb, interlinking, in a small roasting tin. \
- Cook in the center of the oven for 45 min
- People like their lamb cooked differently for a more pink center cook for 10min less
- Let the lamb rest for five min while you heat equal quantities of jelly and mint and serve!