Pulled Shoulder of Lamb
Although I love pulled pork I wanted to keep the low and slow principle but experiment with an other meat.
And lamb is perfect! This recipe is fool proof and takes less time to cook as a shoulder of lamb is smaller than pork.
- 1 Shoulder of Lamb
- Salt and Pepper
- For the Rub:
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- Lightly score the fat side of the lamb all over with a sharp knife then stab it a few times and use your fingers to make little holes.
- Spread the spice paste over the lamb and into the holes, then stuff the holes with slices of garlic.
- Cover and marinate overnight or as long as you can!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and take your lamb out of the fridge to come up to room temperature wile the oven is heating.
- Place the lamb ontop of the haved onions, garlic and rosemary
- Tighty cover the roasting tray tightly with two layers of tinfoil.
- Turn the oven down to 160 degrees and cook the lamb for 4hours
- Remove the lamb from the pan and leave to rest, then pull apart the lamb with 2 forks, to serve.