How to Roast a Chicken
Roast Chicken is such a winner of a dish no matter who you are cooking for! I always cook two one for dinner that night and the other for left overs for lunches or the following nights dinner.
- Whole Chicken
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbsButter
- Crushed Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Rosemary, Thyme, bay leaves
- Root Vegtables
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees
- Take the birds out of the fridge and bring to room temperature while you wait for the oven to heat.
- Juice the lemon and mix with the oil, butter, rosemary and seasoning
- Rub the mix onto the skin of the chicken.
- Stuff the bird with the halves of lemon , garlic and herbs
- Pull the legs away from the bird and cut with a knife leaving them still intact. (This helps the bird to cook faster and more evenly)
- Put in the oven and cook for 1.2 hours
- After 40min add some chopped root vegetables to the roasting tray
- After 1.2hr using a thermometer probe the breast of the chicken and make sure it reaches above 70 degrees …
- Leave to rest for 5 min before carving and enjoy!