Cooking a Bavvette or Onglet Steak
These steaks are often over looked, however they have a fantastic strong beef flavour, and are about half the price of the more well known steak cuts.
It’s important to remember.. While the steaks can be tough, if they are cooked to either rare or medium rare, and then sliced against the grain, it is very tender and intensely flavoursome.
- Olive Oil
- Remove the steak from the fridge and rub the oil, seasoning and garlic.
- Leave the steak to marinate for as long as possible
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees
- Heat up your pan good and hot
- Cook the steak for 4 min each side only turning once to seal the meat for a medium rare steak
- Let the meat rest for 5 min in the oven and then cut against the grain
- Into thin slices
- Serve immediately